Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tanning Lotion

Hi y'all!

Today where I live the weather was cold and rainy all day. Yuck! :( I am so ready for it to be summer again. I can't stand it! Can you tell I'm not a winter person?

Well just because the weather is unfortunate outside doesn't mean we can't at least look like we've been enjoying the summer sun. Enter self tanning lotion! I'll admit, I'm a little behind the times when it comes to self tanners. The first time I tried one I was in high school and it was a mess. I had also witnessed the horrors of girls turning themselves orange. So I wrote the whole thing off.

Last year my friend got married. A week before the wedding she picked up a tube of self tanning lotion. She had never used the brand before and she was going to just put it on in good faith! I could just picture my friend going down the aisle looking like an oompaloompa. We decided to do a test patch on me before she tried it. It was amazing! The patch just looked like healthy natural tanned skin. I went out and bought my own. :)

The lotion is called Quick Tan fron Body Drench.
They have a dark formula and a medium formula that I know of. They are both good. I actually found the medium at Sally Beauty Supply. The dark came from a professional supply house. You just rub the lotion in where you want to tan, let it dry (which doesn't take long) and in 3 hours (!) you'll see results. It's not streaky or orange. It's actually really hard to mess up. I've even used it on my face. I've learned to use less product on ankels, knees, and toes because they can get darker and look unnatural or dirty.

I have very fair skin. (My husband calls it a moon tan.) I can use the tanning lotion to give myself a healthy glow until it is summer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment