Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Color

Today at the salon one of my colleagues got inspired and did some fun color on me. I had been thinking about it for a while, just waiting for the right moment I guess. (I had pieces of badly faded blue/green highlights and grey roots coming out.)

It was a lengthy double process since we had to lift a bunch of dark haircolor in the places we wanted to put the lighter color. Here is the beginning of phase 1.

 Julia used a volley ball pattern to create large panels of what will be my color. Then I had to sit under the dryer. (I forgot to smile!)
When my color was lifted, we washed it out and blow dried it to prepare it for phase 2. It looked like a hot mess! Of course, I was still a work in progress.
I kind of liked the gold (Is that wrong?) but  we were not finished yet. Julia used a red on the light pieces and a level 2 black in my roots.
Here we go again with the foils!
And at last the finished product! Lots of loud red peekaboo highlights.




The color placement is really versatile. Depending on how I part my hair, I can cover or show off as much of the red as I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment