Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sexy Hair


The other day my salon had a product education class on the Sexy Hair lines. I have not used this line really at all. Some of the products have me very excited to try.

Sexy hair has six lines, Big Sexy, Healthy Sexy, Short Sexy, Curly Sexy, Straight Sexy, and Silky Sexy.

Here are a few highlights of what I learned.



The Big Sexy Hair product line was the line that started it all. The products have moisturizing ingredients to protect the hair from drying out. They have two root boosters,  the Root Pump and Root Pump Plus. These products are a spray foam that you can direct onto the root area for volume. The shampoo and conditioner are gentle enough for color treated hair. I was pleased to learn that they are sulfate free and paraben free.
I tried the Spray and Stay maximum hold hairspray and I really wanted to like it. It just didn't seem to have enough hold for me. I realize that it is designed to be a touchable hold, but I just wasn't getting the hold I wanted. I'm too committed to my Kenra 25 Volume Spray.
One product I can't wait to get my hands on is What a Tease. It is an aerosol spray that is like back comb on a can. You spray it on a section of hair and just pull that section apart and it looks and feels like you just teased it. This product will be great for my clients that like a bump in the crown or those with super fine hair that struggle to achieve volume.

I can really see myself using a lot of products in the Healthy Sexy Hair product line. There are actually two lines in this line. The products with the brown caps are designed to repair heat damage in hair and the products with silver caps are for chemical damage. The shampoos are made with soy and cocoa to soften the hair and are sulfate, paraben, and gluten free. The Soy Renewal treatment is comparable to Moroccan Oil at half the price. There is also a great leave in conditioner with UV protectant.

The Short Sexy Hair products include various clays, waxes, creams, pastes, pomades, and gels. They are designed to be mixable to create even more styles and degrees of hold and shine. In the near future they will be changing the name of this line because you don't have to have short hair to rock these products. I really like the Quick Change. It is a heavy lotion-like product with fibers in it. It looks like glue the way it strings. I like to use a product like this on hair I want to stand up. the fibers help to hold it up. They are also really pliable. You can mist your hair to reactivate the product and then restyle the hair another way easily (hence the name, Quick Change).

I can't wait to try more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment